Legislative advocacy begins at the grass-roots level. In order to ensure our voice is heard, MNACHC maintains an advocacy network of community health center staff, board members, patients and other supporters to reach our elected officials.
MNACHC Day on the HIll - February 28, 2017
NEW - DOWNLOAD MATERIALS FOR MNACHC's DAY ON THE HILL
- MNACHC 2017 State Legislative Agenda One-Pager
- MNACHC Day on the Hill Briefing Packet
- Capitol Complex Map (Parking and MNACHC Meeting Location)
Join MNACHC for our 2017 Day on the Hill to advocate for you Health Center and patients. Come prepared to share stories of how you Health Center is making a difference in the communities you serve.
The free, day-long event includes a morning breifing with MNACHC staff and legislators. After that, MNACHC will arrange for you to visit with your elected officials and key legislators at the newly renovated State Capitol Building.
MNACHC Legisaltive Priorities in 2017:
- Modernize Payments for Health Centers - Implement DHS recommendations to modernize Medical Assistance payments to Health Centers.
- Increase Health Center Apporpriation - Invest $2 million into Health Centers to improve access to primary medical, dental and behavioral health care services for low-income populations.
- Reinvest 340B Savings - Modify current prescription drug savings program to allow Health Centers reinvest funding into operations.
- Increase Access for Low-Income Seniors - Provide Medical Assistance payments for low-income seniors ("Dual Eligibles") using Health Centers in Minnesota.
- Streamline MA Payments to Health Centers - Allow Health Centers to submit claims directly to DHS for payment in order to ensure Health Centers are paid accurately and timely.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD a registration form and fax it back to MNACHC at 612-872-7849 or email it to email@example.com.
Agenda for the Day
8:00 am - 9:30 am | Breakfast and Legisaltive Briefing
9:30 am - 5:00 pm | Meetings with Elected Officials
Lunch will also be provided during the day.
The Day on the Hill will be based out of Room 500 South in the State Office Building. Please download a map that outlines the parking options and the location of MNACHC's Day on the Hill.
Questions - Contact Jonathan Watson at 612.253.4715, ext 11 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep in Touch with MNACHC
Follow MNACHC on Twitter. Go to www.twitter.com/MNACHC.